Tuesday 7 October 2008

Portraits of identity

During our first session we looked at our identity and a few artists' interpretations of that. I was especially inspired by Gillian Wearing's photos in the 'Signs that say what you want them to say and not Signs that say what someone else wants you to say' series.

Here are a few examples of her work:










































Basically the general idea of her work is to let people express their feelings and thoughts without the threat of judgement or humiliation- to let the world know what they really think.

I would love to do this around sheffield but my photography skills are not the most amazing so if anyone would like to collaborate with me, I am very friendly don't mind asking people for photos :)

Till next time folks,

Susie x.

Just need an original idea.......

2 comments:

Joyce Brabban said...

I like photography ^.^ so could help maybe?
x

Twinkle said...

Yeah sounds like it could be a laugh :) In an educational manner of course

xx